Let Me Introduce Myself

I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, retired US Army Colonel, university professor, international speaker and teacher, and author, now a Marriage and Family Life Consultant for the US Military.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Sure, I got it all together?

I think that no matter how much you think you have finally arrived at a good place in your life; you feel confident; you feel hopeful; I'm not sure we ever really have it all together. So, there she was trying to balance her life between her husband's request for a divorce, anger, fear, sorrow and her determination that she will recover; she will get a new life; and she will begin again -- that is if he does not agree to restart their marriage which she wants with all her heart. All the skill and compassion I have is tested at these moments. I don't have it all together anymore as I listen, encourage, understand. It's not my marriage and I fear that I may say the wrong thing or miss something she is telling me. She leaves encouraged and hopeful. I remain wondering if I did what was the right thing to do. Dr. D.

No comments:

Post a Comment